
Friday, February 6, 2009
Update #3 on Mom

So the past two mornings they have tried to see if mom can breathe on her own and she has not passed. She panics and takes short breaths and would not get enough oxygen. We hope she will be able to do that on her own soon. The results from the kidney biopsy came back and the doctor said, "This is the best result we could have gotten." She has acute tubular injury. It is treatable and she is now on antibiotics. Just taking it one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Does anyone know what acute tubular injury means? It sounds like good news because it's treatable though. And Beth, is there still the drainage from her lung or have they cleared all that out? It seems like that congestion would make it hard to breathe. Thanks for all the news. Love, Aunt Susan
Susan,
yes there is drainage from the lung still and in answer to your question for acute tubular injury here is a link with more info: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000512.htm
Loved the picture of you at Disneyland, Beth. I'm glad that your mom could have a fun vacation with you, even though she went to the hospital when you got home. I should have asked you how your trip was when I was there, but all I could think of was your mom. Sorry. Love you, Jeri
Post a Comment