Friday, February 6, 2009
Sunday Fast
If we all could fast for mom this Sunday I am sure I can speak for the family and say thank you!
To add a few comments to Beth's remarks; Its been a long week and stress has been on the higher end of things to say the least. We have felt your prayers and thank you for them. Kelly, Diane, Jeri all left today. Thank you to Spencer and Jane for their visit and for the blessing your buddy passes have meant to this family. There has been some progress as Beth pointed out. I will be more relaxed when the time comes in which she is moved out of ICU and into another hospital wing (recovery). Results from many tests have come back negative and they are beginning to think this was a virus or so stated the nurse I spoke with tonight. From the beginning they called this Sepsis from which she went into septic shock. They have attempted to identify if it was viral or bacteria caused sepsis. There have been comments of lymphoma and perhaps other immune diseases. Still no conclusive results and if it was viral then we just have to wait things out for her body to heal. How many more days or weeks really depend on how moms body heals. In any case she is stable and small improvements seem to be one day at a time.
To add a few comments to Beth's remarks; Its been a long week and stress has been on the higher end of things to say the least. We have felt your prayers and thank you for them. Kelly, Diane, Jeri all left today. Thank you to Spencer and Jane for their visit and for the blessing your buddy passes have meant to this family. There has been some progress as Beth pointed out. I will be more relaxed when the time comes in which she is moved out of ICU and into another hospital wing (recovery). Results from many tests have come back negative and they are beginning to think this was a virus or so stated the nurse I spoke with tonight. From the beginning they called this Sepsis from which she went into septic shock. They have attempted to identify if it was viral or bacteria caused sepsis. There have been comments of lymphoma and perhaps other immune diseases. Still no conclusive results and if it was viral then we just have to wait things out for her body to heal. How many more days or weeks really depend on how moms body heals. In any case she is stable and small improvements seem to be one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is promising news to hear Linda is stable and improving, although it is slow. Thank you for the updates. Keith and I are in Mobile AL this weekend for Softball games. We brought our laptop computer and the hotel had internet connection. I'm so glad because I forgot my cell phone charger. My battery in my phone is almost dead. Thank you for updating the Blog. Thank you for setting the time for the family fast and letting us know. I love you all.
~Kathy
Post a Comment