Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Still Have Questions

I'm so happy Linda has been able to get up, walk, and sit in a chair! What wonderful improvements! We're overjoyed that her body is starting to heal.

I'm still a little confused as to what is happening. I'm sorry I have to trouble you with more questions. I bet you (Linda's children) feel confused about things yourselves. But we feel helpless being so far away that we can't help, and we need to ask lots of questions.

Do we know what the acute tubular injury was caused by? What are the doctors doing about that, and is that where Linda's body started the viral infection that caused the sepsis? Are they going to repair the tubular injury in her kidneys at some point?

Now they are doing tests on her heart and brain. Is this just a precautionary measure to make sure everything is functioning properly?

I know we just need to wait and see how Linda's body is healing. Is the sepsis going away because of the antibiotics? I know that prayers and faith work too. So we continue to wait and pray a lot.

Love, Susan

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thank you, Susan. I have the same questions. It is hard not being right there to get all the details and hold Linda's hand, isn't it. Love ya!