Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update #2 on Mom

Mom was a lot more responsive today. She could nod her head yes and shake her head no. She would open her eyes and they looked clear (yesterday they looked cloudy). She even smiled a few times and it seems as if she is trying to talk to us. A couple of times she would cry. As much as I love having her respond to us it is very hard at the same time. She really listened to Shane explain everything to Aunt Jeri. She wanted to know what was going on, but she seems scared. We try to reassure her everything will be fine. They tried taking her off of the breathing machine this morning and it didn't go so well so she is still intubated (sp?). She had a kidney biopsy yesterday and we will get the results from that on Friday.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beth,
Thanks so much for the update. I called and talked to Jeri Wednesday night. I was so happy to hear that she is responding more. It sounds like her Kidneys are working a little bit too - and she is using the catheter. I know it is hard to see her that way, as both Deana and Jeri mentioned. Be strong for her and give her postive vibes. Recovery works faster with a postive attitude. I love all of you and am very glad you are there. I am there is mind and spirit.