
Monday, February 9, 2009
Kidneys are up and running!!

YEAH! No Dialysis. The chest tube comes out tomorrow, which mom can't wait for. She complains about that hurting more than anything else. We are hoping she improves even quicker once that is out because right now she is refusing the feeding tube (well she pulled that out on Saturday and does not want it back in) and she won't eat ice chips. She has to strengthen her swallowing muscles first with ice chips but refuses. So she has had no nutrition since Saturday. They don't want to sedate her again because she needs to get strong but she needs to eat. Pray that she will want to eat after that chest tube is out. She is very weak. She moves her legs and was scratching her head today. She will smile every now and then and I asked her who I was today and she said my name. That made me happy. She told Deana that she is confused. Poor mom, she has no clue what is going on. It breaks my heart when she looks at me with a confused look and then just closes her eyes. Tomorrow there will be more improvements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You said she is confused, but is that why she won't eat or have ice chips? Doesn't she understand she has to eat to get better? Now I'm getting worried again. Jeri
The news on the kidneys is great! Please keep us informed about every little thing you can. I am worried too that she is weak. I pray that she will eat, get nutrition, and get her strength back. Please tell her that each of her sisters and brother(s), ans well as her parents, are praying for her and want her well. Thank. Love, Kathy
Beth I am glad to hear your perspective. I do hope that she will try the ice chips. I am sure that you guys have tried to help while you are there. Does she take the ice chips from any of you? I can't imagine being in the icu under heavy medication for over a week things have got to be confusing.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Good News about her kidneys! And Good News that soon there will be no more tubes! Now she needs to eat and get her strength up. xoxoxo
Post a Comment