Wednesday, February 11, 2009

She stands!

Rashad and the nurses told me that mom stood on her own and sat in a chair for 10 min. So small improvements! I guess the doctors and nurses felt it would be best to put a feeding tube into her stomach so that was done yesterday. They will begin feeding her today. She is still a bit blank in the eyes and not responding to every question. They did an ecogram (I think that was what it was called) on the heart and it looks good. I really like Dr Nicohls, the heart surgen. He seems to be a spiritial man as he talked with me regarding some things medicine just cant seem to explain and he then turns to the human spirit to explain some of those things. They Also did a scan on the brain, Should have results soon on that. Love you all.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It seems we are continuously getting good news (although accompanied by some scary news). I appreciate your updates and thoughts along the way. Still praying for her recovery. Love to you all!

Bruce and Jeri said...

So happy to hear that Linda got up and sat in a chair. Sorry that she has to have the feeding tube back but she does need the nutrition. Let us know what the brain test results are. Thanks, Jeri