Friday, January 30, 2009

Jeri's January


This is our new Draper Temple. Earlier this month Candace, Jared, Bruce, and I went to an open house and walked through it. It is very beautiful and I can't wait to be able to use it when it is open for business. It is a smaller temple, even though it doesn't seem small at all. When we want to go, we have to call to let them know we are coming, like a reservation. I've never heard of doing that before. There's no cafeteria in this temple, so you'll have to eat somewhere else. This is not a problem because there are so many places in Draper to eat. When we were at the open house, we went in with a group to one of the sealing rooms and guess who greeted us in and spoke to the group about these rooms? I didn't recognize him right off, but it was our own Ricky Green and his wife, Joan! We hugged and talked for awhile after the group went out. He announced to everyone that I am his famous cousin in the Tabernacle Choir. He was very nice and it was great to see him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO ZACHARY AND WHITNEY!!!
Zack turned 10 on January 29 and Whitney's 14th birthday is on February 1st. I hope you got Grandpa and Grandma's gifts in time. We loved seeing you for Christmas and hope to see you more in this new year of 2009. We love you and hope you have happy birthdays.

I got a phone call a couple of days ago from this cute girl in Ukraine. Her name is Anya and she is the one that Sarah became friends with and taught the Gospel to. Anya was baptised last year and lost her friends because of it. She has a strong testimony that the true Gospel is worth it and goes on to be a wonderful example to those around her. Sarah sees her occasionally when she goes into Donetsk where Anya lives. Anya couldn't speak English well on the phone but I know she just wanted to thank me for having such a wonderful daughter that could come from America and be her friend and give her such a gift. She said that she loves Sister Govard very much. I was pleased that Anya would make the effort to call me on the phone clear from Ukraine! Sarah is serving now in Karkhov with a Mongolian Sister Jadamba and loves the work and the people.
I hope you are all having a good winter and look forward to hearing from you all. Love, Jeri

No comments: