Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The family in late 1961

Hi family,
Thank you Jared for helping me get into the blog so that I can author posts. I put this message on the Keith and Kathy blog, but it really belongs here too. This is a classic picture of our family in about late 1961. You all know who we are, but here is a description. I am the baby being held by my oldest sister, Linda. To her right is the next sister, Susan, and below her, sitting, is the next sister, Jeri. My father, Archie, is on the far right and in front of him is my brother, the fourth child, Ronnie. My mother, June, is on the far left, and in front of her is the next child, my sister, Jeanette. As I said I'm the baby, Kathy.


As the picture is scanned out, the car, the trailer, and the landscape looks so cool to me. I really do love my family and am so thankful we can cherish times like this in pictures.



Jeri saw the pictures on our blog and she said that she remembers that day. She said Dad took us kids on scooter rides. I think we called it a "Tote Goat". I'm enjoying your posts. Love you all! Kathy

1 comment:

Bruce and Jeri said...

Remember how all the neighborhood would make a long line to be next for a ride on the Tote Goat? Dad would take one by one down to the sand dunes and go up and down the hills. What a great dad! Jeri