Sunday, September 14, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to the Garrard Family Blog. It is our family's desire to stay in touch with each other and keep up with the happenings of all our families. With all the craziness that we all have in our lives, this site will help organize all of our thoughts and comments. Blogs are a great tool of the internet and with all the communication that we do with each other anyway, this allows us to have a central place. Please use this and visit frequently. This blog will only survive if we all participate. It will get better as we continue to post new blogs.

I, Jared, will act as the administrator of the site. I will try to maintain the site's design and add/edit/delete any items that we, as a family, feel necessary. Every other member of the family can be an author. As an author, you will be able to post new blogs and comment on other ones. Those of us unfamiliar with blogging will have a great opportunity to participate in this family blog. To be able to be an author, you will first need to have an account from Blogspot. Please go to blogger.com and create one if you don't already. (Note: you don't have to have your own blog to be in this one, but it's not a bad idea.) This is the same as a Google account for those that have Gmail accounts. I dislike having a zillion accounts everywhere but ... sorry, this can't be helped. Then let me know what your account is and I will add you.

We should try to be respectful of a few general rules:
  • Always be considerate of each other and keep in mind of others feelings when posting and commenting.
  • This blog will currently be open to the public to read (if someone should so happen to stumble across it). Keep this in mind in case you may want to post something that is too personal.
  • Please only post your own comments. Blogging could potentially be used like emailing and be bombarded with forwards and chain letters. Let's not use this site for that.
Some of us already have our own blogs. This is great. Please let me know of it and I will link your blog to this site in our blog list. If you don't already have one, you may choose to do so so you can have one specifically for yourself. When having your own blog, you can have the option of adding this blog to the list of outgoing emails when posting. You may choose to do that and it will automatically post a copy of your blog from your site here. Or you may choose to just add a small note here letting us know of your new blog. Or you may choose to use the GFL email address. Any of these options are great and you can do whatever you are comfortable with.

For the time being I will have this site automatically post to the GFL email. So anytime you post on this site, the GFL will receive a copy. This should help everyone receive all the updates to this blog.

And that's about all that I can think of right now. So go ahead and now consider yourselves all bloggers. Let's have fun with this site. Happy blogging.

2 comments:

Bruce and Jeri said...

Hey! Here I am! I think it finally works now. Yeah! Thanks again for your help, Jared. I will put more on it tomorrow. I'm tired and gotta go to bed. Just wrote to Sarah and saw on the Kinghorns blog that she is transferred to Gorlovka and her new companion is Sister Dubrovina. She looks happy. Love, Mom (Jeri)

ArchieB said...

Thanks Jeri for all your blogs. Sister Dubrovina is a great asset to Sarah and as a team, they should get alot of attention. We wish them continued success.